Copy Filenames and Copy Pathnames - paste each on a new line

Open discussion about WinMerge.

Copy Filenames and Copy Pathnames - paste each on a new line

Postby hardworkinguy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:56 pm

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I'm able to copy the filenames and pathnames of the files listed in a comparison result, however they copy with a line space in between each filename/pathname instead of a carriage return. For instance, upon pasting the filenames it looks like the example below, which is not very useful for me. I'd like each filename on new lines. Let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Note, I pasted into Notepad++ and tried using macro to get them on separate lines but could not make it work how I want.

Example paste:
package.xml Sales_Text__c-GLOBAL Sales Text Layout.layout packed-refs sourcetreeconfig chttrunfollow__UnfollowRules.app CS_QC__QCommission.app DDTracker__TKR_Document_Generator.app DDTracker__TKR_Release_Management.app DDTracker__TKR_Sprint_Management.app DDTracker__TKR_Test_Management.app DDTracker__TKR_Tracker_Core.app FN__Find_Nearby.app iContactforSF__iContact_Email_Marketing.app System%3A Read Only.profile pi__ProspectInsight.app pi__Sales_Reach.app standard__Chatter.app standard__Community.app standard__Content.app standard__Marketing.app standard__Platform.app standard__Sales.app standard__Service.app

When pasting, I want it to appear like this:
package.xml
Sales_Text__c-GLOBAL Sales Text Layout.layout
packed-refs
sourcetreeconfig
chttrunfollow__UnfollowRules.app
etc...
hardworkinguy

Return to Open Discussion