compare the names of files; ignore subfolders

Open discussion about WinMerge.

compare the names of files; ignore subfolders

Postby Daver » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello,

I want to make the following:

I have a folder A with many subfolders.
I have a folder B with many subfolders.
I want to compare the names and dates of all of the files in folder A inclusive all subfolders of A, with the names and dates of all of the files in folder B inclusive all subfolders of B.

I do not want to compare the contents of the files, only the names and the dates.
I want to see if there are some douplicates and which are newer.

important:
It can be that in the subfolder "Programmes" of the folder A there is a file "kubis.exe". And in the subfolder "old Progs" of the folder B there is another file "kubis.exe". "kubis.exe" in the folder "A\Programmes" is newer than in the folder "B\old Progs".

So I know normaly Winmerge does not be aware that now in a subfolder of B, there is the same file as in the subfolder A (but a different Date and Size). Normaly Winmerge says: "kubis.exe" is missing in the subfolder Programmes and "kubis.exe" is missing in the subfolder "old Program". This is not the way I want to use Winmerge.

Question:
Is there a way to compare the names, date and size of files without consider in which subfolders the files are? I want that WinMerge does identify files with the same name in different subfolders. So that I can decide which of them I want to delete (because it is the older version, and not longer needed).

Would appreciate your answer. Thank you.
Daver
Daver

Return to Open Discussion