WinMerge Quick Tour

Main development forum.

Re: WinMerge Quick Tour

Postby gerundt » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 am

It is a little bit ugly, that the tour is building to the normal manual output. So I must fishing for the tour files I need. I my eyes we need a seperate output dir (for example "tour") or should integrate it to the manual.
gerundt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 am
Location: Germany

Re: WinMerge Quick Tour

Postby denisbradford » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Kimmo is considering adding a Quick Tour link to the WM Help menu. So we might build the tour for multiple outputs, like the manual. But you're right, there's no reason it can't be output to a separate directory. I'll make the change.
denisbradford
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: U.S.A.

Re: WinMerge Quick Tour

Postby gerundt » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:06 pm

denisbradford wrote:Kimmo is considering adding a Quick Tour link to the WM Help menu.


Can we not link to subpage from a CHM file?

At the website I can of course link to sub pages from the manual, like we do it for the Installation page.
gerundt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 am
Location: Germany

Re: WinMerge Quick Tour

Postby kimmov » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 pm

gerundt wrote:Can we not link to subpage from a CHM file?

At the website I can of course link to sub pages from the manual, like we do it for the Installation page.

You mean adding link to tour page in web from locally installed manual? Or?

Sure, there can be links in manual. But I'm not sure why would user want to see the tour if she is already reading the manual?
kimmov
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: Finland

Re: WinMerge Quick Tour

Postby denisbradford » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:53 pm

gerundt wrote:It is a little bit ugly, that the tour is building to the normal manual output. So I must fishing for the tour files I need. I my eyes we need a seperate output dir (for example "tour") or should integrate it to the manual.


Committed r6949: separated tour / manual files (some sharing of common css and stock images). Output is now in "tour" dir.
denisbradford
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: U.S.A.

Re: WinMerge Quick Tour

Postby gerundt » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Sorry Denis,

I need a (looong) while to put it online, but it is now alive! ;)

http://winmerge.org/docs/
http://winmerge.org/docs/tour/
gerundt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 am
Location: Germany

Re: WinMerge Quick Tour

Postby denisbradford » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Tim,

Looks good. Two quick suggested fixes:

It's a long page, I got a little lost reading it. I think a mini-TOC at the top would help - see attached. It requires just a parameter change in build_tour.xsl, if you don't object, I'll check it in.

On http://winmerge.org/docs/, change
"The quick tour describe the main features from WinMerge at one page" to
"The quick tour describes the main WinMerge features in one page."

Thanks,
Denis
Attachments
index.7z
Generated tour file (archived because phpbb rejects html file as a "security vector" )
(7.52 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
denisbradford
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: U.S.A.

Re: WinMerge Quick Tour

Postby gerundt » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:04 am

denisbradford wrote:It's a long page, I got a little lost reading it. I think a mini-TOC at the top would help - see attached. It requires just a parameter change in build_tour.xsl, if you don't object, I'll check it in.


Sound like a very good idea and it would be good, if you can check it in. :)
gerundt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 am
Location: Germany

Previous

Return to Developers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests