No current News on SF.net project page

Main development forum.

No current News on SF.net project page

Postby gerundt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:28 pm

I just noticed that we don't have current News on our SF.net project page. The last news ist WinMerge 2.8 from 2008-04-07. :o

It would be good to use this news feature, since maybe users use the RSS feed from this items to keep up-to-date.
gerundt
Site Admin

Re: No current News on SF.net project page

Postby kimmov » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:47 am

gerundt wrote:I just noticed that we don't have current News on our SF.net project page. The last news ist WinMerge 2.8 from 2008-04-07. :o

It would be good to use this news feature, since maybe users use the RSS feed from this items to keep up-to-date.

Only Christian and Dean as project administrators can post those items...
kimmov

Postby gerundt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:14 am

kimmov wrote:Only Christian and Dean as project administrators can post those items...

Can the news permission not set to other users too? On the other side it would be not bad, if you are a project administrator too. ;)
gerundt
Site Admin

Postby kimmov » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:30 am

gerundt wrote:
kimmov wrote:Only Christian and Dean as project administrators can post those items...

Can the news permission not set to other users too? On the other side it would be not bad, if you are a project administrator too. ;)

Yes, permissions can be set. But the problem is who volunteers to do those news items (with given permissions)? I'm not interested as I have already trouble finding enough time for other WinMerge tasks. Like doing releases.
kimmov

Postby gerundt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:39 pm

kimmov wrote:Yes, permissions can be set. But the problem is who volunteers to do those news items (with given permissions)? I'm not interested as I have already trouble finding enough time for other WinMerge tasks. Like doing releases.

I update the website after a new release, so it should no problem that I update the news too! :mrgreen:
gerundt
Site Admin

Postby gerundt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:44 pm

Ok, Dean give us both the permissions for the news! :lol:
gerundt
Site Admin

Return to Developers