2. run compare
3. select the files
4. select auto prediffer
5. rescan

now i have my correct result.
I want to spare step 3-5
Is it possible right now?

If no i suggest in
IDD_OPEN [Englisch (USA)] a new option like including subfolders IDC_RECURS_CHECK (Check-box Control).
matthias1955

Re: auto prediffer

Postby kimmov » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:21 am

matthias1955 wrote:I want to use plugin automatic

[steps removed]

now i have my correct result.
I want to spare step 3-5
Is it possible right now?

I don't think so. But I don't personally care about plugins at all. If somebody wants improve plugins GUI/usability/API I can apply fixes.

matthias1955 wrote:If no i suggest in
IDD_OPEN [Englisch (USA)] a new option like including subfolders IDC_RECURS_CHECK (Check-box Control).

Open dialogs changes simply won't happen. I've said this in numerous times that I don't want more controls or even changes to that dialog. UNLESS the changes improve the dialog usability (read: design better and clearer dialog).
kimmov

Postby matthias1955 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:48 am

for me it would be also ok to have an option more in IDD_PLUGINS_LIST [Englisch (USA)]
to select automatic.
matthias1955

Postby matthias1955 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:50 am

or better IDD_PROPPAGE_COMPARE [Englisch (USA)]
matthias1955

Postby kimmov » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:16 am

Plugins list dialog should be the place to modify if it needs to be an option.

But then I have no idea how it should work. Giving that I think you want to set that selection per plugin?

I think current plugins GUI is fundamentally broken, but then I've no ideas how to improve it either. Perhaps per-plugin properties etc.
kimmov

Postby matthias1955 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:31 pm

no, we only need an option that can be given like option.setting "ignore emty lines ..." with
xx->SetCompareOptions()
xx->SetpluginOptions()

Now when we start to open the files, we can set the flag in
class PluginForFile
bMode |=ploption.automatic

Means if also plugins are enabled. WM will look for the first merging plugin to use.

if you create the GUI as a patch. I do the rest.
matthias1955

Postby kimmov » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:48 pm

I don't have time for plugins. I'd like to just remove them totally, would make many things so much easier and less bug reports etc...
kimmov

Postby matthias1955 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:11 pm

please no.
Without plugins I have to move away. I cannot use WM more, or I've to go may own way, like Geek done.:=(

Many things can, and are done by them.

What I mean , if i change the dialog. It makes no sence as result is diff to yours.
Just put the control on the dialog, not more is needed.
matthias1955

Postby kimmov » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:45 am

matthias1955 wrote:please no.
Without plugins I have to move away. I cannot use WM more, or I've to go may own way, like Geek done.:=(

Well, unless somebody gets interested in really fixing plugin system I don't see other way than removing it in future. This is how open source world works. Somebody needs to do the work. And at the moment there is nobody interested doing the work. Perhaps somebody gets interested once the plugins get removed.

matthias1955 wrote:Many things can, and are done by them.

Without people realizing how risky thing it is to use plugins. And how many weird bug reports we get because some plugin was running automatically and altered the data. Disabling plugins by default reduced the amount of certain types of weird bug reports to almost zero. I just did that disabling couple of years too late.

Plugins don't have GUI, no real error handling, translating them isn't possible. Just to list some of those problems.

matthias1955 wrote:What I mean , if i change the dialog. It makes no sence as result is diff to yours.
Just put the control on the dialog, not more is needed.

Yeah, we could just add one control for this thing. And one control for some other thing.. Tweak a bit there and there...

Plugins system needs complete re-design. Current system was a good demo but should not ever get into stable releases.

Couple of times I've thought about re-doing plugins system to use some scripting language like Python, but I simply don't have time to desing APIs needed or implement it.
kimmov

Postby matthias1955 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:39 pm

A agree fully with you. Aslong we have no other solution, we have to keep same.

Todo all inside WM i think will never be possible. So as it's named plug and ... .:)

Waiting for scrips. Why not.
Az least one extetion should be possible, only the jpb to do...

Ok give me the name you will use for this controle, I change the prog get it tastet, than you can include.
I thinks thats the easiest way to do. Or ,I will call the controle IDC_PLUGINS_Auto_ENABLE, ok.
matthias1955

Next

Return to Developers