Qt dev on Mac

Discussion about WinMerge 3 development.

Qt dev on Mac

Postby grimmdp » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:39 am

So I've started getting my toolchain together for working on WinMerge + Qt. For anyone interested, I have Kimmo's test project built and running on my MacBook. I initially started using Netbeans, which has Qt support, but ended up using Xcode.

Come to find out that qmake on mac outputs a .xcodeproj file by default, so that seemed like the easier option. Indeed it was pretty easy to build the project, and QScintilla built easily also. The one thing I had problems with was getting the final app to find libqscintilla2. I'm currently just copying it to the app directory, I'll post here when I figure out where to specify this in the project settings, because the obvious search path settings didn't seem to work.

Anyway, just wanted to share my findings,
Dean
grimmdp

Re: Qt dev on Mac

Postby kimmov » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:03 am

Nice to hear you get it compiled! Unfortunately I don't have access to Mac myself so I've tested the project file only in Windows/Linux.

Linking command is in end of Src/Src.pro file. You probably need to edit the unix:LIBS -line or add new for Mac. Unfortunately the LIBS is one of those rare non-portable definitions...

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qmake-vari ... .html#libs

This link might help also:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qmake-platform-notes.html

One nice thing with Qt is they have good documentation included.
kimmov

Re: Qt dev on Mac

Postby kimmov » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:08 am

I forgot to mention - current makefile assumes that in Linux QScintilla has been installed to the system using package management. So we try to include QScintilla library from system's library directory. At least Ubuntu and Fedora have QScintilla packages ready.
kimmov

Return to WinMerge 3