Moving all translation files to one folder structure

Main development forum.

Re: Moving all translation files to one folder structure

Postby kimmov » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 pm

gerundt wrote:With the GPLv2 is this a problem. There are no official translations. Because of this is in Germany only the English one valid.

Good point. It is better not to touch to those unofficial translations to avoid possible confusions and misunderstandings.

gerundt wrote:I still think we should move the contributors list to the manual. We can much better format it there. And they get even online with the manual. It is no problem, to open the help file with a special page, or? In this case we can still open the contributors list from the About dialog.

I don't like this idea. I don't think contributors list is something users look from manual? And I don't want to edit docbook when I add new contributor. Lets keep this simple. It is important we give credit to contributors, not how we format the list. :)

gerundt wrote:Because of this all, we should have all files in separate folders. :)

Ok, you have almost convinced me now.. I'm just afraid the Translations -folder structure gets too big and complex..
kimmov

Postby kimmov » Sat May 16, 2009 10:44 am

Ok, no new comments for a while, so I'll start this refactoring today. Although there are still some things we can discuss (documents translations locations) we seem to agree about WinMerge translations. So I'll start by moving the WinMerge translations to Translations/WinMerge.
kimmov

Postby kimmov » Sat May 16, 2009 7:00 pm

I've committed first movement to SVN trunk. Executable translation PO files are now in /Translations/WinMerge.
kimmov

Postby kimmov » Sun May 17, 2009 8:45 am

I Moved InnoSetup (installer) translations to /Translations/InnoSetup.

Yes, the plan was to move to /Translations/Installer/InnoSetup. But I realized the Installer-folder would only contain InnoSetup-subfolder. So it would only make paths longer without adding any real value.
kimmov

Postby kimmov » Tue May 19, 2009 5:04 pm

I moved Readme translations /Translations/Docs/Readme.
kimmov

Previous

Return to Developers